Welcome, guest. You are not logged in.
Log in or join for free!
Stay logged in
Forgot login details?

Stay logged in

For free!
Get started!

Text page

Friday 30th January 2009

The countdown begins to the birth.

By the morning the midwife came in to examine me. So she did, and she said that i am 1 centimetre dialated. Then she said that she will now break my waters. She got this long plastic stick with a hook at the end of it. She inserted it inside me and said, "when the next contraction comes, i will pierce the membrane" She said that she can feel the baby's head. The contraction came and she broke my waters. [OH BOY, DID THAT HURT] i screamed. The waters came gushing out. She said that my baby has hair.
Later on, i was taken to the birth room were my baby will be delivered. I was given pethadine, the drip in my arm to speed things up and i was given an epidural. By midday i was examined and now i am 4 centimetres dialated. My baby's heartbeat was being monitored throughout.
By late afternoon, i was examined again and i am now 6 centimetres dialated. [Oh wow, my baby will be born soon.]
My labour started to slow down and problems started to arise. Her heartbeat kept on dropping and going up again.
They took a blood sample from the baby`s head, they tested it, and the baby is in distress. Then the baby had opened her bowels inside me, there was meconium. In that evening i was examined and there was no progress. I was still 6 centimetres dialated. By the time i get to 10 centimetres, it could go for another 6 hours, or maybe more. The baby has to come out now, so an emergency caeserean was recommended. I agreed, so i was then taken into theatre.
The procedure started.
I was nervous, scared, emotional and excited. The next 5 minutes or so, i heard my baby cry. She was finally out. Doctors congratulated us, we have a baby girl. I cried with relief and happiness. After she was weighed, cleaned and wrapped up, she was given to my husband and he brought her over to me. She was beautiful. She had dark hair.
Baby Anna was born at 9.50pm, weighing 7.lbs+10.oz.
After being stitched up, i was taken to recovery room and Anna had her first feed on my breast. Its now all over.
Afterwards i was taken to the postnatal ward with Anna in my arms crying. Then i was given a nice hot cup of tea and then went to sleep. I was exhausted. I had a really long tiring day. An experience i will never forget.

This page:

Help/FAQ | Terms | Imprint
Home People Pictures Videos Sites Blogs Chat