peperonity.net
Welcome, guest. You are not logged in.
Log in or join for free!
 
Stay logged in
Forgot login details?

Login
Stay logged in

For free!
Get started!

Multimedia gallery


panagia tou kalou - Newest pictures Architecture Building
santorini.peperonity.net

~ Panagia Kalou ~

~ by katherine & anastasios ~

Panagia Kalou is 8 km northeast from Fira .
The village belongs to the community of Imerovigli .
The village takes its name from the Church of Panagia Tou Kalou otherwise known as Koimisis of Theotokou .
Panagia Tou Kalou means Holy Virgin of The Good .
The church was built when "O kairos tou kakou" = "the time of evil was over" , in other words the seismic activity during the period of 1649 until 1650 .
The result of this activity was the appearance of the submarine volcano in Kolumbo .
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


This page:




Help/FAQ | Terms | Imprint
Home People Pictures Videos Sites Blogs Chat
Top
.