peperonity.net
Welcome, guest. You are not logged in.
Log in or join for free!
 
Stay logged in
Forgot login details?

Login
Stay logged in

For free!
Get started!

Multimedia gallery


land water - Newest pictures Animals/Nature
tarzanjane.peperonity.net

:▲We need You .. H2o▲:

..--~~~--==--~~~==--~~*^* . . . .
FACT FILE ON WATER

Saltwater comprises 97.5 per cent of the Earth's water. .Freshwater comprises the remaining 2.5 per cent. 7O per cent of freshwater is locked up in the pollar icecaps.

Climate change and the consequences of water abuse will worsen hydrological stress.By 2O75 , between three and seven billion people will live in regions with chronic water shortage..

Half of the world's wetlands have been lost since I9OO..

Environmental damage in the Middle East and North Africa ,the world's most water-stressed region , amounts to some 9 billion dollars a year, or between 2.I - 7.4 per cent of GDP..

People in rich countries consume between 3O and 5O times as much water per capita as people in developing economies..

To produce a kilo ( 2.2 pounds ) of meat requires as much water as an average domestic household does over IO months , on the basis of 5O liters ( II imperial gallons , I3.2 US gallons ) per person per day ..

Around I.I billion people live with out clean drinking water , while 2.6 billion do not have access to adequate sanitation.Nearly 4,OOO children die every day from water-borne diseases.

Between 92.4 billion and I48 billion dollars are needed annually to build and maintain water supply systems , sanitation and irrigation..

...WORLD WATER FORUM..2OO8... (Istanbul )


This page:




Help/FAQ | Terms | Imprint
Home People Pictures Videos Sites Blogs Chat
Top
.